Monday, July 14, 2008

Bedtime Stories




Abigail discovered one of her dad's many skins-a fox skin. She became fixated on it and wanted to know all about it and have it in her sight at all times. I hate the fox skin! I really, really hate it. That night when her dad came home she peppered him with questions (dad, what is that, what happened to it, what's his tail for, etc.). Nick told Abby a bed time story and it was hilarious. He acted out the story of the fox with the skin, a gun, a trap, and a lot of imagination. You see both of them trying the fox skin on, I was offered a turn and adamantely refused.


While I was in Boston, our Church had an all inclusive pine wood derby. Anybody could enter and there weren't any weight limits. I guess there were a lot of interesting entries, but Abby's pink car won! It was the fastest of all the cars (even though it had to be put back together after every race). It even beat Grandma's covered wagon. It was a great activity!

4 comments:

Em said...

I would have to agree with you Hilary, I don't think I would love the fox skin very much. However, it does give me a good chuckle on the head of Nick and Abigail.

paige-rian said...

Wow! I finally found this blog. For some reason I went to one with Grandpa taking a snooze! Oops. Your pics are great! I would have had to pass on the fox hat, too! Fleas. :) We went camping up by Balm Creek Res. And yes...my friend just aren't as cool. You can certainly leave comments! :)

Jason and Stacy Bingham said...

I don't know why you don't like that lovely fox skin? Ha-Ha. You guys are much better bed time story tellers than we are. How fun! These are the days.

The Mcclellan's said...

That is so cute. I totally agree with you too, throw the fox skin out. You remember that huge bear skin or some skin you had in your apartment in Utah, do you still have that. Your a good wife putting up with the skins. Hey when do you want to get together, im going to try and call Lisa and have her email the girls. So let me know.